Joint Pain: Know the Facts, Get Relief
Joint pain is a common problem for many people. Dr. Brian Sullivan, our highly qualified chiropractor at Winchester Chiropractic Center in Winchester, VA, can help. Below is more information about pain management and how we can help.
Joint pain can be caused by an injury, repetitive motions over time, or other factors. Regardless of the cause, chiropractic adjustments are one way to reduce this pain and improve your quality of life. Learn more about chiropractic adjustment and how it can help you get relief from joint pain!
What Is Joint Pain?
Joint pain is a condition that results in discomfort, inflammation, and limited movement in one or more joints. Knee pain and shoulder pain can be due to the joints in those areas. It can be caused by many factors such as injury, overuse, arthritis, and autoimmune diseases.
What Are the Causes?
Joint pain can be caused by many factors, including:
- Injury: A sudden impact or force can cause damage to the joints and surrounding tissues. This type of injury is common in sports accidents or car accidents.
- Repetitive motions: Doing the same thing over and over again can wear on the joints, leading to pain and inflammation. Typing all day, playing a musical instrument, or gardening are a few activities that can lead to this type of joint pain.
- Age: As we get older, our bones and joints start to wear down, which can lead to pain and discomfort.
- Diseases: These include rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, and gout.
Joint Pain Complications
The following often occur alongside joint pain:
- Pain (knee pain, shoulder pain, etc.)
- Limited range of motion
How Can a Chiropractor Help Relieve Your Pain?
Chiropractic adjustments are one way to reduce joint pain and improve your quality of life. Dr. Sullivan will perform a physical examination and ask about your symptoms to determine the cause of your joint pain. If chiropractic adjustments are recommended, the chiropractor will adjust your spine and other joints to help reduce inflammation and pain.
Additionally, he can provide tips on how to properly move and exercise to prevent further injury and discomfort. We can also give you tips on pain management you can maintain at home. If you’re experiencing joint pain, don’t wait—visit us today! We can help assess the source of your pain and create a treatment plan that will get you back to your life free from joint pain.
Get Pain Relief Today
Call or visit us to make an appointment here at Winchester Chiropractic Center in Winchester, VA. Please call us at (540) 667-0220 to set an appointment up at your earliest convenience to get the pain relief you need.