Are you suffering from lower back pain? Whether acute or chronic, lower back pain can limit your mobility and generally deteriorate your quality of life. The good news is that chiropractic care can provide natural relief for lower back pain. If you are in Winchester and lower back pain is negatively affecting your overall quality of life, book an appointment with Winchester Chiropractic Center. Our chiropractic team will design a personalized treatment plan to treat the root cause and prevent it from returning. Here are a few common questions about lower back pain.
What are the symptoms of lower back pain?
Common symptoms of lower back pain include:
- Pain that worsens when standing or sitting
- Prevailing dull or achy pain in the lower back
- Troubling muscle spasms coupled with stiffness in the hips, pelvis, and lower back
- Problems with walking or standing in a straight position
- Numbness in legs or groin
If you have back pain that isn't responding to traditional treatments, it's time to book an appointment with a chiropractor. Instead of masking your symptoms with medication, we treat the root cause of the problem for a long-lasting solution.
What are the common causes of lower back pain?
There are several common causes of low back pain, including:
- Sprains and strains. These injuries are the most common causes of lower back pain. Sprains and strains are triggered by lifting heavy objects, car accidents, sports injuries, falls, and slips that injure your back muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Scoliosis: The abnormal curvature of your back puts pressure on your spinal column, leading to pain and limited mobility.
- Spinal stenosis: The condition causes the narrowing of the spinal canal where the nerve roots are situated, triggering lower back pain.
- Sciatica: Irritating the sciatic nerve causes pain that originates from the lower back and travels down to one of your legs.
- Poor posture: Unnatural posture when lifting weights, sleeping, or sitting may put excessive pressure on the spine, causing lower back pain.
How does a chiropractor treat lower back pain?
When you visit us at Winchester Chiropractic Center, our chiropractor will start with a comprehensive analysis to ascertain the cause of your lower back pain. Diagnosis involves assessing your symptoms, medical history, and providing a physical examination. If necessary, we may request x-ray images and CT scans to confirm the diagnosis.
After a proper diagnosis, our chiropractic team will devise a tailor-made treatment plan that includes treatments like:
- Spinal manipulation
- Nutritional counseling
- Stretching exercises
- Spinal decompression
Visit Our Chiropractor for Lower Back Pain Relief in Winchester, VA
Lower back pain can jeopardize your daily life. Therefore, it's vital to visit a reputable chiropractor to examine and diagnose your lower back pain. If you are in Winchester, please book an appointment with Winchester Chiropractic Center for back pain treatment.